NUTS ARE COMPANIONABLE!
• You can carry them along with you wherever you go!
• There is no need of special containers or carry boxes.
• They have long a shelf life. Unlike fruits and vegetables, nuts are not easily perishable!
• You can enjoy them whenever you like! wherever you want! Nothing to worry about preparation, in fact, nuts hardly need a kitchen!
Nature’s friendly! Almost all the varieties of nuts and seeds we eat come in safe envelopes (shells).
NUTS ARE MUST!
Nuts and seeds are rich in energy and nutrients. Nuts nutrition loaded with excellent source of monounsaturated-fatty acids (MUF) such as oleic and palmitoleic acids, which help to lower LDL or “bad cholesterol” and increase HDL or “good cholesterol.” Research studies suggest that Mediterranean diet that is rich in MUF to prevent coronary artery disease, strokes by favoring healthy blood lipid profile.
They are rich source of all important omega-3 essential fatty acids like Linoleic acid, a-Linolenic acid (ALA), etc. Research studies have suggested that n-3 or -3 fats by their virtue of anti-inflammatory action help to lower the risk of blood pressure, coronary artery disease, strokes and breast, colon and prostate cancers. Omega-3 fatty acids also offer some benefits in conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and in cases of Schizophrenia, depression and Alzheimer’s disease.
Nuts nutrition is complete in the sense that in addition to calories, and vitamins, they are rich source of minerals like manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, fluoride and selenium. Manganese is a co-factor for the enzyme superoxide dismutase, which is a very powerful free radical scavenger. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure. Copper is required for the production of red blood cells. Iron is required for red blood cell formation. Fluoride is a component of bones and teeth and plays important role in prevention of dental caries.
They contain very good levels of vitamin-E, a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant. Vitamin E is required for maintaining the integrity of cell membrane of mucus membranes and skin; thus, protecting it from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
Nuts nutrition provides many vital B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates. These vitamins are essential for optimum health and well-being.
Culinary uses of nuts
• Edible nuts and seeds can be eaten as they are or either salted, or sweetened.
• Sprinkle over desserts, particularly sundaes, ice cream and enjoy!
• Many kinds nuts are also used to make nutritious butter